I finally found the time to post the instructions. Sorry! I’ve been blog-bad… if that’s a phrase. Here is the full post on how to add lace yokes to a dress shirt!
The Final Result
- Cut off sleeves, fold under and sew. You can also leave this unfinished for a more raw look
- Decide where you would like to crop the shirt. I also finished this by turning up the raw ends and sewing and if you decide to do that too make sure you compensate for it. So if you’re going to finish it you’ll probably turn the ends up about 1/2″ so cut it a 1/2″ longer.
- Decide where you want the yokes and the style. I did a “sweetheart” style but marked where the yokes would come to so I wouldn’t reveal too much IF you know what I mean…
- Cut out your yokes. To make it easier just cut to the shoulder seam and the armhole seam and to the buttonhole placket (center). Don’t cut into the entire sleeve-hole. See the pictures below for reference.
- I wanted this to be quick and easy so I sewed the lace directly on. From the “right side” (the side that shows) I pinned the lace underneath the dress shirt so I could easily sew right around.
- Using the width of my presser foot (1/4″) as a guide, I sewed all around the lace applique attaching it from the right side.
- You’re done! Quick and easy!
I hope you enjoyed this DIY!